This fantastic Sweet Potato Taco Boat recipe will introduce you to a great new way to enjoy tacos. The sweetness of the sweet potato goes great with the taco seasoning. We also make this recipe vegan friendly using tofu in place of ground beef.
- 12 oz. of extra firm tofu
- 1 tbsp. tomato paste
- 2 tbsp. taco seasoning
- 1 tbsp. nutritional yeast
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- 2 tbsp. avocado oil
- 1 can of black beans
- 1 can of whole kernel sweet corn
- 1 avocado
- 1 medium tomato
- 1 red onion
- 1 bunch of cilantro
- Preheat oven to 425º.
- Lightly scrub the sweet potatoes removing any remaining dirt.
- Slice the two sweet potatoes in half.
- Cover the sweet potatoes in avocado oil and sprinkle with salt.
- Place sweet potatoes flat side down on a aluminum foil covered baking sheet and place in oven.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
- Take 12 oz. of extra firm tofu and gently press to remove excess water.
- Crumble into a bowl.
- Add 1 tbsp. of tomato paste, 2 tbsp. of taco seasonings and 1 tbsp. of nutritional yeast.
- Fry the tofu in a frying pan with 2 tbsp. of avocado oil. for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Heat up 1 can of black beans, 1 can of whole kernel sweet corn.
- Dice a medium tomato, yellow onion and an avocado.
- Chop a small bunch of cilantro.
- Remove sweet potatoes and scoop out the middle of the halved sweet potatoes into a bowl and place the “boats” to the side.
- Add corn, black beans, tomato and onion to the scooped out sweet potatoes and mix.
- Place the sweet potato mixture back into the boats.
- Top with fried tofu, avocado and cilantro.