Who doesn’t love walking tacos, they are so easy to make, can feed a crowd and are good for a party, camping or an end of summer BBQ. Not only are they quick and easy to make but they don’t even need a plate. Kids especially will love this fun back yard meal!
When I said easy, I really meant it! Three ingredients until the time of assembly. Turn on your slow cooker and season the meat with taco seasoning and add a can of fire roasted tomatoes and cook for 4 hours on high.
When the meat is close to being finished, chop all of your selected toppings and have them ready for the walking tacos. You can never have to many different options for toppings. I prefer to include shredded cheese, chopped onion, lettuce, jalapeno and tomatoes and topping it off with some sour cream and salsa.
When you are ready to construct your walking taco, an important tip is to cut the bag length ways in order to make it easier to add your toppings and mix. Share this recipe with your family and friends for a quick and easy meal that they will love.
These delicious walking tacos are so fun for kids and so easy for adults. Tender ground beef slowly cooked with fire roasted tomato and taco seasoning adds so much flavor to this favorite dish.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 can of fire roasted tomatoes with chiles
- 2 tablespoons of homemade taco seasoning (or a packet of taco seasoning)
- 1 cup Sour Cream
- 1 cup Salsa
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- 1 cup shredded romaine lettuce
- 1 jalapeno chopped
- 1 small white onion chopped
- 6 small bags of Frito lay chips or Doritos
- Add ground beef, fire roasted tomatoes and seasoning to the slow cooker.
- Turn on slow cooker and cook on high for 4 hours.
- Chop onion, jalapeno and tomato into small pieces.
- Shred the lettuce.
- Set aside salsa, sour cream.
- Cut chip bag along the side of the bag long ways.
- Add meat and other ingredients to your liking.