What is Sunny Pico de gallo you ask? It is basically just Pineapple and habanero pico de gallo but I just love the color. It is so pretty AND delicious. I get so excited for warmer days, and with Cinco de Mayo just around the corner, I had to share one of my favorite recipes. It’s so bright and flavorful. I think I’ve already made this three times this season!
My secret are these little guys. The sweeter you can find them the better. They are great for a snack and also for this bright pico de gallo recipe. Other ingredients include pineapple, habanero, red onion, minced garlic, cilantro, orange juice, lime juice, Tajin seasoning and salt.
The recipe is pretty simple, chop all the ingredients and mix together in a medium sized bowl and you’re ready to party!
The brightness makes me want to take a trip back to Mexico! Yum! I really love this recipe because you get so much sweetness from the pineapple but then it’s balanced by the heat of the habanero. My favorite flavor combination.
I will add the Tajin seasoning to my resources page just in case you have a hard time finding it in stores.Print
Break into spring or summer with a colorful pico de gallo beautiful for any gathering. This pineapple-habanero mix is sure to be a hit!
- 1 cup of pineapple chopped
- 1 habanero no seeds (if you want more heat leave seeds in) chopped
- 1 cup of orange tomatoes chopped
- 1 cup of yellow tomatoes chopped
- 1/2 medium red onion chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/2 cup cilantro finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh juice from an orange
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon of tajin seasoning
- salt to taste
- Chop all ingredients and mix well in a medium sized bowl.
- Category: side
- Cuisine: Mexican