Jalapeno Deviled Eggs:
Easter is right around the corner and I couldn’t be more excited! Next to Thanksgiving, Easter has to be another one of my favorite holidays. I absolutely love getting together with family and making dishes that they ask for, year after year. I also have to sneak in a few new recipes as well, I just can’t help myself! Like this year, I am going to attempt to make a lamb for the first time ever, eek! Any-who, at least my family can count on these Jalapeno deviled eggs. Another reason I really love these eggs, is that they can be made if I have time or if I’ve run out of time. If I don’t have time, I just run to the store and purchase a bag of already boiled eggs and some bacon bits from the deli. If I have a little more time, then I boil the eggs and make my own crispy bacon. I wish all recipes could be like that!
In the above picture, are my ingredients. Boiled eggs, mayo, sweet hot mustard, Fresh Jalapenos and smoked bacon bits.
Take a knife and cut all the way through the egg to get an even cut and empty the insides into a bowl.
Once you’ve emptied all of the insides into a bowl, add chopped jalapeno, mustard, mayo, salt and pepper. Mix everything together until desired consistency. If you like yours ultra smooth, then take an electric mixer and mix before you add the Jalapeno’s. I like mine semi chunky just because I know that’s what my Dad, husband and brothers like and this dish will disappear within seconds. HA!
Spoon the mixture into each egg. I use two spoons to help guide the mixture into the eggs.
Once you’ve added the mixture to each egg, now you can top with your bacon bits. If you cook your own bacon at home, I highly recommend searching for smoked bacon, it adds the perfect touch to these eggs. I was lucky and while I was at my local beef mart, I came across already made smoked bacon bits and I am so glad I tried it because the pieces were nice and big and added a punch of smokiness, delish! Lastly top with a sprinkle of cayenne pepper. Surprisingly, this dish is not that spicy, but you do get all the flavor of the jalapeno.
Do you want to change up your deviled egg recipe? Try these jalapeno deviled eggs, packed with so much flavor and little heat, you will never want to make regular deviled eggs again.
- 1 Dozen eggs
- 3 Whole Jalapenos chopped (seeds and stems removed)
- 1 Cup of mayonnaise
- 3 Tablespoons of sweet hot mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Egg Boil:
- Place eggs in a sauce pan and add water until eggs are covered and there is once inch of water above them
- Place on high heat until water starts to boil, and then cover and place on low heat, cook for one minute
- Remove from heat and cover for 15 minutes
- Rinse eggs under cold water for 1 minute
- Crack shells and peel under cool water using the soft part of your thumb to rub the shells off in a rolling method
- Cut eggs in half and empty innards into a bowl
- Add Jalapeno, Mayo, Mustard, salt and pepper to bowl
- Mix well
- Take a spoon and add mixture to eggs
- Sprinkle with cayenne pepper
- Top with bacon bits
- Category: Side
- Cuisine: American
From my family to yours, have a great and wonderful Easter!