Ever since I was little, my grandmother would make chunky guacamole. Then my dad would make it. Now the recipe has been passed down to me. This chunky guacamole is such a staple in my life that when I did first come across smooth guacamole, it was an odd texture for me. So, all though I love all guacamole as an adult. If I’m bringing you guacamole, this is what I’m bringing. I love it so much for entertaining too, because you can be as sloppy or as clean cut with the chunks and just throw it in a bowl and you’re ready to serve. Just make sure you have plenty of ingredients to make a second batch!
The recipe calls for super simple ingredients like avocado, onion, roma tomato, cilantro, minced garlic, jalapeno, sea salt and lime.
Chop the tomatoes, jalapeno, onion and cilantro and add to a large sized bowl. Then add the garlic and the salt and mix well. Add chopped avocado, mix well and finally add your lime last and mix one last time.
Tip: If you cut the avocado in half, long ways, you can then carefully cut grid like lines inside with a knife, then take a spoon and scoop out all your perfect cut avocado pieces into your bowl.
Looking for a quick dip for your party? Try this chunky guacamole, it’s quick and easy to make and will go super quickly.
- 2 sweet onions (chopped)
- 4 roma tomatoes (chopped)
- 1 cup of chopped cilantro
- 2 jalapenos
- 6 avocados
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon of sea salt
- 1/2 squeezed lime
- Chop the tomatoes, jalapeno, onion and cilantro and add to a large sized bowl. Then add the garlic and the salt and mix well. Add chopped avocado, mix well and finally add your lime last and mix one last time.
- If you don’t like a lot of spice, make sure to remove seeds and stems of the jalapeno prior to adding to the bowl.
- Category: Sides
- Cuisine: Mexican