This cabbage pico de gallo is not only beautiful and fresh to look at but tastes amazing as well. Lightly salted cabbage with fresh flavors of tomato, onion, cilantro, juiced with fresh lime and lightly seasoned with cumin. Great on it’s own as a topping or eaten as a dip with chips. You will make this over and over again.
- 1 small red cabbage (chopped)
- 1 small green cabbage (chopped)
- 4 jalapenos (seeds and membrane removed and chopped)
- 3 limes (juiced)
- 1 medium red onion (chopped)
- 1 medium yellow onion (chopped)
- 6 roma tomatoes (chopped)
- 2 bunches of cilantro (est. 2 cups chopped)
- 2 teaspoons of minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons of salt
- 1 teaspoon of cumin
- Chop all fresh ingredients into a large bowl.
- Add juice of three limes.
- Add salt, cumin and minced garlic.
- Mix well.
- Cover will cling wrap and refrigerate for an hour or longer.
Sometimes it is hard to find small heads of cabbage, if this is the case cut a medium head of lettuce in half and use half.
If you can handle spice, chop the jalapenos with the seeds and throw them in.
When chopping the tomatoes use the sharpest knife you have or you will have messy tomatoes. If you don’t have a sharp knife, de-membrane the tomato and only add the outer shell to the bowl.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Sides
- Cuisine: Mexican
Keywords: Cabbage Pico de gallo