Smoky Taco Hummus is perfect for those days when you can’t decide what to make and want something quick and lite.
- 2–16 0z. cans of Chickpeas (We use Bush’s or sometimes 1–28 oz. can of La Preferida) with liquid
- 3 Chipotle peppers in adobo sauce (we like using La Costena brand or Goya)
- 2 tablespoons of your favorite taco seasoning (we used Spice Islands Brand from Costco)
- 1 tablespoon of tahini sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder
- Add all ingredients to a food processor, turn to high until desired consistency.
- If you like a thicker consistency, drain the beans but keep the liquid and set aside. After you’ve added all the other ingredients and have started blending, then add the liquid to the food processor little by little until you reach your consistency.
- All taco seasonings are not the same, if you find your hummus is too salty add 1/2 teaspoon of apple cider vinegar
- If your not tasting the taco seasoning in your hummus and want to amp up the flavors more add 1/2 teaspoon of agave nectar or honey, sugar, etc. I always use agave. (Some taco seasonings have sugar added to their mix already, so again will depend on which taco seasoning you use, might change the flavor slightly.)
- Prep Time: 3 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Category: Lunch
- Cuisine: Mexican American
Keywords: Smoky taco hummus