Mexican Broccoli Salad:
I am in love with this Mexican Broccoli Salad, it has all the comfort of a burrito bowl complete with sweet corn, black beans, creamy avocado and spinach. For me it checks all the boxes of a great salad. This giant salad with homemade crema-cilantro dressing will soon become a party favorite.
Truth time, I have been eating this salad for lunch and dinner for about a week. I just couldn’t help myself, it was that good. I normally don’t go for salads. At least not at home. I do like going out for a great salad. I like this salad because anything with corn, black beans and cheese…yumm. I added large tomatillos, jalapenos, and avocado for that extra Mexican flavor, along with the cilantro in the dressing. Lastly spinach, broccoli and onion for that extra crunch takes me straight to my happy place!
The dressing is simply Mexican crema, cilantro puree, honey, lime and white wine vinegar. So tasty! I will be using it on other salads.
This big salad has everything you need, it’s sweet, salty, a little spicy and oh that crunch! What a great addition to any party.
- For Salad:
- 1 bag of Spinach (5oz)
- 1 head of broccoli florets (chopped)
- 1 can of black beans (15.5 oz)
- 1 can of sweet corn (15.25oz)
- 3 Large tomatillos (outer casing removed and chopped)
- 1 Avocado
- 1 Jalapeno (seeds removed)
- 1/8th wedge of Queso Fresco (crumbly Mexican cheese)
- For Dressing:
- 4 Tablespoons of Cilantro Puree (pre-made from the grocery store)
- 2 Tablespoons of Mexican Crema
- 1 Tablespoon of Minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon of honey
- 1 teaspoon of white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon of lime
- salt to taste
- Use a large mixing bowl
- Chop all dry ingredients and place into bowl
- Empty all canned goods and mix with chopped ingredients
- Top with crumbly cheese and mix well
- Add dressing
- Category: Sides
- Cuisine: Mexican