This flavorful arugula fig salad with balsamic vinaigrette packs a ton of calcium and other great vitamins and minerals into one bowl. Not only does this salad include figs, it also incorporates blueberries and sliced nectarines with a topping of crumbled goat cheese and sliced almonds.
- 2.5 ounces of baby arugula
- 1 cup of blueberries
- 1 cup of quartered dried figs
- 1 sliced nectarine
- 1/2 cup of sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup of crumbled goat cheese
- 1 tbsp. balsamic glaze
- 1 tbsp. avocado oil
- 1 tsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- Begin by quartering your dried figs.
- Rinse the blueberries.
- Cut your nectarine into slices.
- In a large bowl combine the baby arugula, blueberries, nectarine, figs and crumbled blue cheese.
- Prepare your balsamic vinaigrette by combining the balsamic glaze, avocado oil, apple cider vinegar and salt in a small bowl and mixing.
- Pour your vinaigrette over the salad and mix with tongs making sure to fully cover the arugula.
- Serve in bowls and top with the sliced almonds.
If you cannot find tangerines, then a sweet apple can be substituted.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes