Pool season is in full effect at our house. You know what that means…….pool drinks! That is where my favorite Margarita recipe comes into play. Watermelon Margaritas are so quick and easy to make, you’ll make them all summer long. Luckily here in Indiana we had a new grocery store that just opened (Meijer), so I went to check it out and the watermelons were on sale buy one get one free. What! So I used one to eat, because I like to be healthy sometimes, but what to do with the other watermelon? Margaritas!!!
In the above picture are all the ingredients you need to make this amazing drink. Watermelon, lime, tequila (obvi), Tropicana watermelon juice, an orange and Grand Marnier.
This margarita was served over ice and not blended. I added one cup of ice to a pitcher. Next, I scooped out half of a whole watermelon into a blender (roughly 6 1/2 cups). I used an ice cream scooper and it worked great. Then to the blender I added juice from one whole lime, juice from half of one large orange, 2 oz of Grand Marnier, 4 oz of tequila, and one packet of sweetener (like Splenda). Give all of that a quick blend and pour into your pitcher. Lastly, add the 12 oz of watermelon Tropicana and stir. That’s it! You are officially ready to get your drink on.
To get through those hot summer days, sit back and enjoy this super refreshing uber summer drink.
- 1/2 of one large watermelon
- 1 lime
- 1/2 of a large orange
- 2 oz of Grand Marnier
- 4 oz of tequila
- 1 packet of sweetner (like Splenda)
- 12 oz of watermelon juice (by Tropicana is what I used)
- 1 cup of ice
- In one large pitcher add one cup of ice
- With an ice cream scooper, scoop out the flesh of the watermelon and add to a blender
- Next add fresh lime juice, fresh orange juice, alcohol and sweetner
- Blend until just blended and pour in pitcher over ice.
- Add Tropicana watermelon juice and stir well
- Serve immediately
- Category: Drinks
- Cuisine: Mexican