This Swedish mulled wine – Glögg is perfect for those cold winter nights with it’s sweet, warm and spicy taste that wraps around you like your favorite cozy blanket. Also, it makes the house smell amazing!
- 1 bottle of dry red wine
- 1 cup of brandy
- 1/2 cup of vanilla vodka
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 2 pieces of ginger
- 1 orange sliced
- 1 apple sliced
- 6 cloves
- 1 box of raisins
- 3/4 cup of maple syrup
- 1 tsp cardamom pods
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 sprig of rosemary
- Combine the cinnamon, ginger, cloves, raisins, cardamom and rosemary in a cheese cloth bag.
- Add the sliced apple, orange and spices in the cheese cloth bag to a sauce pan.
- Fill the pan with enough wine to cover the fruit and spices
- Set aside the remaining wine for later.
- Add vanilla extract and maple syrup to the pan.
- Turn the heat up to medium and let simmer for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes add the remaining wine, brandy and vodka.
- Continue to heat until the glögg begins to bubble, approximately 3 minutes.
- Serve warm.
If you do not have cheese cloth, you can add all of the ingredients and then sieve out the spices.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 13 minutes
- Category: Drinks
- Method: stove top
- Cuisine: Swedish