Bloody Mary made with Whiskey, topped with Steak and Eggs:
For all those of you celebrating sunday funday and recovering from the weekends festivities, I have the cure for you! Imagine, spicy bloody mary made with whiskey, topped with a steak and eggs. Yumm! However, when I think of steak and spicy, I don’t think of vodka. I think whiskey! Both the The Spicy bloody mary mix and the whiskey I used are made in small batches.
This recipe uses a rye whiskey, spicy tomato juice (I like using Suckerpunch spicy bloody mary mix, it’s very refreshing and has the kick at the end but it isn’t painful, super flavorful), pickle juice, Worcestershire sauce, lime juice, steak sauce and bitters.
At first, the sound of whiskey in your drink may sound funny. But I promise you, if you use this recipe, you will not even taste the alcohol but get all the flavor. For the steaks, I grabbed two of the smallest filet’s that I could find. I lightly salted and added steak seasoning, seared them on high with a little butter for 3 minutes on each side, then baked in the pan at 425 degrees for 5 minutes (for rare). Finally, set the steaks aside to rest for 10 minutes so they retain all of those juices. The eggs are just your standard hard boiled eggs.
Then just assemble! So easy and perfect for brunch. The filet’s are so small and perfect for a handheld bite. The eggs are delicious with a little salt and more steak seasoning!
My husband and friends had fun taste testing this recipe. It will be a new party favorite.Print
Bloody Mary – Made with Whiskey and topped with steak and eggs
- Total Time: 16 mins
- Yield: 1 1x
You will surprise all your friends with this take on steak and eggs, bloody mary style. Packed with flavor and topped with delicious food. You will be the host of the year.
- 2 oz of Rye Whiskey
- 4 oz of Spicy Bloody Mary mix (I used spicy sucker-punch)
- 1 oz of Pickle Juice
- 3/4 oz Worcestershire Sauce
- 1/2 oz Lime Juice
- 1/4 oz Steak Sauce ( I used A1)
- Himalayan Salt
- Steak Seasoning (McCormick Montreal steak seasoning)
- Garnish with small steak fillet and hard boiled egg
- Grab a plate and squeeze lime juice on it, place glass upside down on the plate to get the rim wet
- Grab another plate and sprinkle salt & steak seasoning on it, place glass upside down until rim is filled with steak seasoning and salt.
- Fill each glass halfway with ice
- Add Whiskey, bloody mary mix, pickle juice, Worcestershire sauce, lime juice and steak sauce
- mix well
- Add additional tomato juice as you see fit to taste
- Cook steak and boil eggs
- When food has cooled
- Grab a shish kabab skewer and top with steak and egg or other garnishes
- Add steak seasoning and A1 sauce once assembled lightly
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 11 mins
- Category: Drinks
- Cuisine: American
This site was… how do you say it? Relevant!! Finally
I’ve found something that helped me. Kudos!