Valentines Day Steak:
Every year my husband and I opt out of going somewhere for Valentine’s day, we’d rather make this valentines day steak recipe! Although we do luvvvv going out to eat, on this particular day we just enjoy cooking together in the kitchen, listening to great music (usually Sinatra ?) and having some cocktails. That is our perfect Valentine’s day.
My recipe for Valentine’s steak is actually pretty simple. It is essentially just two filet mignons, wrapped in bacon topped with a cheesy alfredo sauce?. I created this recipe just when I started to learn how to cook some odd 10 years ago, jeez! It has become a favorite to make. I usually cook asparagus and mashed potatoes for sides, also topped with bacon ??. It’s rich, indulgent and we always walk away glad that we didn’t put any energy into dessert.?……until the next day or so, of course.
For the steak, you simply need a good cut of beef. I like to splurge for this occasion, so I go to my local Beef Mart to get it. However, I know they sell them at your local grocery store and even Walmart has them already wrapped with bacon and sells them in packages of two.
For the Alfredo sauce, I create a simple Alfredo using heavy cream, butter and then add an Italian cheese blend, usually Sargento 3-cheese Italian. Then I add mini cocktail shrimp to the sauce?.
I love cooking steak, when you have such a good cut of meat, it takes no time at all to become delicious.
It does not take very long to cook everything up. I usually cook the asparagus and mashed potatoes first and then cook up the Alfredo sauce and then focus on the steak last. We like our steak rare (most of the time) at 130 to 135 degrees internal temp. You will also want to try and find a skillet or pan that can be in the oven, because once you sear the steaks they will go straight in the oven, pan and all.
Looks so good!
If you happen to try any of my recipes please do leave a comment, I would love to hear from you. Better yet, send me your pictures! Find me on Instagram and #savorparadise.
Happy Valentines Day!
A quick and easy date night dinner that is indulgent in flavor.
- For the Alfredo Sauce:
- 1–5oz bag of cocktail shrimp
- 1cup– of shredded 6 cheese italian blend (Parmesean, asiago, romano, etc.)
- 1 stick of butter
- 1 cup of heavy cream
- For the Steak:
- 2 –10oz filet mignon steaks
- 3 pieces of thick cut bacon
- Salt, pepper
- McCormick Montreal Steak Seasoning
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- olive oil to coat the pan
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees and take steaks out of the fridge to cool to room temp
- To make the alfredo sauce:
- In a saucepan, over medium to low heat, toss in shrimp(pre-cooked)
- once warmed, toss in butter and heavy cream until melted
- stir in cheese.
- To cook Steaks:
- Salt, Pepper and add steak seasoning(optional) to both sides of steaks
- Wrap with bacon
- add olive oil to pan over high heat
- sear steaks for 2 minutes, flip and sear for another 2 minutes
- Once steaks have been seared, transfer oven safe pan to the oven
- For rare steaks bake around 4 to 5 minutes (internal temp should be 130-135 degrees)
- Medium steaks around 6 to 7 minutes.
- All steaks cook differently so go by internal temp.
- Once steaks are done, take out of the oven and transfer to a plate
- add 1 tablespoon of butter to each steak and let rest for 15 minutes
- Category: Dinner
- Cuisine: American