Enjoy this fully loaded taco dog recipe, this is my Mexican inspired chili dog replacing chili with chorizo (pork sausage with Mexican spices), and chili beans with refried beans. To top it all off, I’ve also made a spicy pickle pico de gallo that is just amazing on this hot dog.
- 1 package of beef hot dogs (I used Kirkland brand from Costco)
- 8 hot dog buns
- 12 ounces of Mexican chorizo
- 16 ounce can of refried beans
- 8 ounces of shredded Kraft 4 cheese Mexican blend
- Cholula hot sauce
- Mexican crema
- Pickle pico de gallo
- A sheet of foil to cover casserole dish
- Pre-heat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Cook chorizo until crumbly like ground beef and set aside.
- Take a 9×3 casserole dish and place 7 to 8 empty hot dog buns inside the dish.
- Spread refried beans on the bottom of each bun.
- Add one hot dog to each bun.
- Place chorizo on top of each hot dog inside each bun.
- Spread shredded cheese on each hot dog.
- Place foil to cover the entire pan (so the cheese doesn’t burn).
- Place in oven to bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Remove the foil.
- Add crema and hot sauce.
- Add pickle pico de gallo.
Be intentional when spreading the cheese, if you place cheese all over the place it will be much harder to separate the buns after the dish bakes.
For a party, place the baked taco dogs on a platter and have all the toppings on the side.
Optional topping: Add spicy corn chips like Fritos corn chips.
- Category: dinner
- Method: bake
- Cuisine: american
Keywords: fully loaded taco dogs