Enjoy this Cilantro Lime rice recipe. It is packed with flavors like garlic, onion, and fresh flavors like cilantro and lime. Also, enjoy the different textures this rice brings, enjoy as a complete meal or as a side dish.
1.5 Cups White long grain rice (rinsed)
2.5 Cups chicken broth
2 Tablespoons unsalted butter
1 Tablespoon Avocado Oil
1 small onion chopped
2 Tablespoons minced garlic
2 Tablespoons finely chopped cilantro leaves
1.5 Tablespoons lime juice
1 Teaspoon lime zest
- Melt butter and oil over medium heat
- Add onion, cook 5 minutes
- Next, add garlic, cook 30 seconds
- Then, add rice, stir often for 2 minutes
- Stir in chicken broth, bring to a boil
- Reduce heat to a simmer, cover, and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes (see notes below)
- Remove from heat and quickly add the cilantro, lime juice and zest.
- Place a dish towel over the pot and cover again for 10 more minutes or until ready to serve.
The reason for the fluctuation on time for the rice is dependent on your stove top and the type of dutch over or pot you decide to use.
When I use a stainless steel dutch over an induction stove top it is 15 minutes exactly.
When I cook over my gas stove top with a stainless steel dutch oven it can be anywhere between 18 minutes and 20. I do not have numbers on my stove top knob only low, med, or med high. So for me it is a balancing act most days. But if you try the rice before you turn the heat off you can tell if you need to cook it longer.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Stove top
- Cuisine: Mexican
Keywords: rice, mexican cuisine, dinner recipes