Easy Chicken Enchiladas made with Frontera’s Roasted Tomatillo Sauce and any toppings you choose.
- 6 10-inch flour tortillas
- 16 oz Sargento pepper jack cheese shredded
- 3 pounds of chicken breast
- 1 white onion
- 1/3 cup cilantro
- 1 jalapeno
- 2 packages of Frontera roasted tomatillo sauce
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil-You can also use olive oil if you have it.
- 1 tablespoon of minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder for the meat.
- While chopping ingredients, turn the crock-pot on high and leave the top off
- Add the avocado oil, onion, minced garlic and cilantro
- Cut up chicken into large cubes or leave whole (cubes will cook faster)
- Stir onion, cilantro in the crock-pot
- Add chili powder to chicken and put into crock-pot and cover
- Add 1 package of Frontera enchilada sauce
- Let cook 2 hours
- Shred the chicken
- Put chicken back into crock-pot, add 8 oz of cheese, cook for additional 20 min.
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees
- Add filling to tortillas and wrap tightly like a burrito into 9×13 inch pan
- pour second package of enchilada sauce on top
- Grab a spoon to spread the sauce evenly between each tortilla
- Spread the extra 8 oz of shredded cheese evenly over the top of the enchiladas
- Add toppings of choice
- Bake for 20 minutes until cheese is melted and serve
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 2 hours 40 mins
- Category: Dinner
- Cuisine: Mexican-American