This baked rainbow trout is easy for a weeknight dinner. On the table in about 20 minutes and seasoned with herbs and simple sides of roasted cherry tomatoes and perfectly seasoned green beans.
- 1/4 cup of parsley
- 4 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons of oregano
- 2 teaspoons of crushed red pepper
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar (white wine vinegar is good also)
- 1 tablespoon of avocado oil (olive oil works too)
- 1 whole rainbow trout (1 pound)
- 10 oz of cherry tomatoes
- 12 oz of green beans
- 2 tablespoons of avocado oil (or olive oil)
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1 lime sliced
Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees
- Place all ingredients in a blender or food processor excluding the apple cider vinegar and oil.
- Blend and slowly add apple cider vinegar and oil until a thick paste is formed (The thicker the better).
- Set aside.
- Begin preheating oven to 400 °F.
- Place parchment paper in a 13×9 baking dish.
- Place the fish in the baking dish.
- Place chimichurri paste inside the fish and also place three or four thin slices of lime inside the fish to keep the paste in place.
- Add cherry tomatoes and green beans.
- Drizzle oil over tomatoes, fish, green beans and lightly salt.
- If you have any leftover paste, you can add it to the top of the fish.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the fish becomes white and easily flakes.
- Once you take the fish out of the oven, let it rest for 10 minutes.
According to the FDA the internal temperature for fish is 145 °F.