This avocado-spinach pesto with edamame noodles is special treat. Flavorful pesto with luxurious avocado makes this pasta dish feel like it has an alfredo sauce without the cream or the calories. Just flavorful healthy goodness, that of course doesn’t taste healthy.
- 2 cups of spinach
- 1/3 cups of unsalted almonds
- 1/2 cup of olive oil
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/2 of a fresh lime juiced
- 1 cup of grated parmesan
- 1 whole ripe avocado
- 1 cup fresh basil
- 1 box of edamame noodles (regular spaghetti noodles work too)
- 10 oz of nature sweet cherry tomatoes
- salt and olive oil as needed to taste
- 1 food processor
- Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees.
- Plug in your food processor.
- Add spinach, almonds, olive oil, garlic, lime, parmesan, avocado and basil.
- Place on high until you get as smooth of a consistency as possible.
- Add more olive oil as needed to get a smoother texture.
- Add salt to taste, set aside.
- Add cherry tomatoes to a small sheet pan, drizzle with olive oil and salt.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Make edamame noodles according to packaging, set aside a small amount of water when draining the noodles (1/4 cup)
- Place cooked noodles in a large serving bowl, top with pesto and mix in well, add noodle water as needed until just combined.
- Top with roasted tomatoes, more parmesan and salt as needed.
You can make the pesto ahead of time for a quicker meal!
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 10
- Category: Dinner
- Method: stove top
- Cuisine: american