Warm cinnamon sugar pastry, filled with Nutella and topped with a little orange zest. Yes, you can make these too! Made super easy for those non-bakers like me.
- 1 Can of crescent rolls (8 ct)
- 1 Small jar of nutella (7.7 oz)
- 1 Orange for zest
- 1/2 Cup of granulated sugar
- 1 Tablespoon of ground cinnamon
- Heavy whipping cream (half pint)
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees (following instructions of the crescent rolls package).
- Make cinnamon-sugar by combining cinnamon and sugar together (set aside).
- On a baking sheet with parchment paper, take rolls from their package and unroll pastry dough to make 8 triangles.
- Evenly spread cinnamon sugar mix to both sides of the dough.
- Add one teaspoon of nutella to each triangle of dough on the widest part of the roll.
- Roll up all 8 rolls from largest side to smallest.
- Place in oven and cook according to directions on the package for 10 to 12 minutes.
- While rolls are in the oven, make the dipping/drizzle Nutella sauce.
- Take equal parts nutella and heavy whipping cream and add to a glass bowl.
- Place in the microwave for 30 seconds.
- Take out of the microwave and stir until the Nutella and cream have created a thinner nutella sauce.
- Also, while rolls are in the oven zest one orange (set aside).
- When the rolls come out of the oven and have cooled slightly drizzle with nutella sauce and sprinkle orange zest on the rolls (the nutella drizzle helps the zest stick to the rolls).
- Let them cool a little more and enjoy!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: bake
- Cuisine: Mexican
Keywords: Churros with Nutella filling