This sweet potato oatmeal bowl recipe will fill you up and set you up for a great day! This dish is perfect for Sunday mornings. Filled with fiber, vitamins and minerals you will be able to get a good portion of your essential daily nutrients in this delicious dish.
- 1 and 1/2 cups of rolled oats
- 3 and 1/2 cups of water
- pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup of brown sugar
- 2 tsp. of cinnamon
- 1 tsp. of vanilla
- 2 tbsp. of maple syrup
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- 2 diced gala apples
- 1 cup of blueberries
- 1/4 cup of pecans
- 1/4 cup of cacao nibs
- Preheat the stove to 425º.
- Clean the sweet potatoes by lightly scrubbing.
- Poke holes in the potatoes to vent steam.
- Place potatoes on an aluminum foil lined pan and cook in the oven for 60 minutes.
- Boil 3 and 1/2 cups of water with a sprinkle of salt in a medium pot.
- Mix in 1 and 1/2 cups of rolled oats.
- Cook on a simmer with a tilted lid covering for 8 minutes for a creamy oatmeal.
- Remove the oatmeal from the heat and add the brown sugar, cinnamon, vanilla and maple syrup.
- When the sweet potatoes are done, you should be able to easily pierce them with a fork.
- Slice the sweet potatoes in half and remove the skins.
- Mash the sweet potatoes with a potato masher until creamy.
- Combine the oatmeal and sweet potatoes.
- Dice the apple, chop the pecans and wash the blueberries.
- Serve the sweet potato oatmeal with the toppings on the side.
The sweet potatoes can be cooked a couple of different ways. If you are in a hurry, they can be microwaved from 5 to 10 minutes until they are easily pierced.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 60